¡Hola Guapas y Guapos!
We’re probably stuck at home for awhile due to the Corona virus. This means a lot of free time at home and unfortunately no hair, nails or facial appointments. I’ve been seeing some funny memes going around about how we would look after the lockdown is over. To avoid looking like a total Gremlin when the lockdown is over here is my guide to an easy at home facial, that you can do up to two times a week.
- Double cleans your skin. (Firstly I cleans my skin using a konjac sponge with my oil-mix containing tea tree oil, baobab oil and jojoba oil. As a second cleanser I use the Kiehl’s Centella Sensitive Facial Cleanser)
- Steam your face for about 10-15 minutes. Boil water and put it in a bowl or pan. Don’t put it in a plastic bowl, you don’t want the plastic molecules steaming your face. You can add your favourite oil to the steaming water if you want to (I like to add tea tree oil). Drape a towel over your head, so it ‘falls’ down on the sides of your head and the bowl with steaming water, ‘trapping the steam’. Place your face close enough to the steaming water, but not too close, otherwise you might burn yourself.
- Extract white heads and black heads using a paper tissue. Be very gently with this, because you don’t want to damage your skin. And never, never, never ever do this with your nails or bare finger tops.
- Apply a face mask that is suitable for your skin type. (I usally use the double glow peel mask and the quenching mineral mask from Vichy)
- Use a toner to seal off the pores. If toner is too harsh for your skin you can skip this step or use micellair water.
- Apply a serum to deliver a strong shot of ingredients directly into your skin. (I use the Thermal Rehydrating Serum from Vichy)
- Apply your eye cream. The skin around your eyes is very thin and needs lots of moisture too! (I use the Aquaporin Active Revitalising Eye Care from Eucerin)
- Moisturize your face, because we all know by now moisturize is key. Even if you have oily skin it is still very important to moisturize your face (of course with a moisturizer for oily skin), because this can actually help extreme oiliness. (I use the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm)
- And last but not least apply a lip balm to your lips. (I use the Intensive Lip Balm from Eucerin)
If you use an overnight face mask, you can apply the face mask before or after you’ve applied the serum. If you have any more questions or just want to share your at home facial experience please let me know!
Besos, Sarai Isabel.
P.S. I want to point out that I am fully aware that not being able to get a facial or your nails done is a luxury problem.
Images: We Heart It